Why The Best SEO Strategy Combines Content and SEO
When it comes to picking the best SEO strategy, people have their opinions. Learn why the best strategy combines content and SEO here.
A lot of people make the mistake of thinking content marketing and SEO are the same things. They’re not.
They march down the road hand-in-hand toward a similar goal, but they operate differently. And focusing on one while neglecting the other will give you lackluster results.
But why is this the case? It seems like a lot of work to keep up both ends of the deal.
But the statistics back up both methods of boosting traffic. 77% of marketers want to increase their content production. And more than 50% believe SEO will grow in popularity because of its usefulness.
In the next few paragraphs, you’ll learn exactly why the best SEO strategy combines content marketing and SEO.
What’s the Difference Between SEO and Content Marketing?
Just like in philosophy class, we have to define our terms before we can begin to understand the “why.” Let’s take a look at the differences between SEO and content marketing. Especially when it comes to content creation.
The kind of content prevalent on the best SEO websites is sleek and focused. The focus is on scannability and enjoyability.
An SEO writer is looking to get shares and backlinks to impress Google. There is a focus on keywords and ranking for particular keywords.
You’re also trying to keep the page quick and easy to load. Less fancy widgets and more scannable content.
This content is typically broad. Content marketing is less focusing on rankings and more about getting quality content in front of eyeballs.
The more exposure the better. You’re attempting to make an impression and keep people coming back for more.
The longer people spend on your content, the more likely they will click ads or affiliate links. The focus is on story and brand rather than on getting Google’s attention.
How Does One Combine SEO and Content Marketing For the Best SEO Strategy?
You might have heard the phrase “content is king.” Which might lead you to assume that SEO doesn’t matter anymore and content marketing took the cake.
This is far from true. Google champions quality. And gone are the days when you could use black hat SEO techniques and suddenly rise above your competitors.
Which is why SEO specialists focus now more than ever on quality content. And that’s a good thing for everyone!
And while an SEO specialist still researches keywords, they now have to become an “expert” in whatever niche they’re optimizing for. This means knowing what an audience considers quality content.
Here are a few steps you should follow to ensure you’re using the best SEO strategy:
- Create a Benchmark: Ask yourself, what niche am I creating content for and can I become an authority there?
- Is There Search Volume?: You don’t want to waste time with fruitless niches.
- Medium: You need to decide on a medium. Your audience may not appreciate long articles. In that case maybe focus more on video content marketing.
- Business Goals: A combined strategy will be in line with your business goals.
- Create: This is the most important step. Whatever you do, focus on quality content first, SEO and analytics second.
- Reach: Can you expand and network? This is a vital part of SEO. You want backlinks, you want collaboration, you want to climb onto the backs of giants.
- Review: At the end of a quarter or a cycle, always review. What went well? What went wrong? How can you improve your content? How can you improve your SEO?
Take our word for it, the best SEO strategy takes advantage of both. Learn to balance the two and you’ll see massive increases in traffic and you’ll meet your goals.
Contact us and let us know how we can help you meet your SEO and content creation goals.